Thursday, October 8, 2009

Dogs in a vacant house

On Oct7 about 4 pm my wife noticed that a window was open on the north side of 925 Guam. This house has been vacant for about a month now after the residents were evicted. When I got home late from work she told me of the situation. I called one of the police officers on duty and asked that he please check out the house. I had previously noticed kids in the neighborhood go into the backyard of 925 Guam and I had to run them off of the property. The officer called back to tell me that there were 2 dogs in the house and asked if I would look and see if I had seen them before. The dogs did not have any food or water to be seen and ARE closed up in a bedroom filled with broken furniture, trash, and feces. The condition of this house is condemnable at best. I have seen these same 2 dogs in the area getting into the trash set out for pickup. They were also seen in the backyard of 929 Guam. These dogs belong to the residents of 912 Guam which is one of the trouble houses on Guam. These people have already been made to get rid of other dogs after they could not produce proper documentation on the animals. It appears they may be trying to hide the animals by keeping them there. This is an obvious case of breaking and entering, trespassing, and cruelty to animals by neglect. The police department is currently trying to contact the owners of 925 Guam in order to follow proper procedure in having the animals removed from the premises.
Please help keep an eye out on any vacant houses in our area. Their seem to be more vacant houses coming up each month. If you see ANYTHING different with the houses call the police or a block captain to have it checked out.

No comments:

Post a Comment